Friday 6 January 2012

Impossible portrait




I've been shooting a lot with my polaroid recently, it's loaded up with the Ace Hotel edition of the Silver Shade UV+ 600 film. After two horrible mistakes I finally got used to the film, and I can easily say that I've fallen for it hook, line and sinker. I had taken a couple of still lifes with the pack but the shot above of my gorgeous boyfriend, Ant was my first portrait. I am SO happy with the way that it has turned out. In my previous post I stated I wanted to take portraits of the people I love, I may just have to take a whole pack of the silver shade film of portraits. There's something about portraits taken on instant film that I just love, I love the way the light looks on film of any kind, but it's something really special on instant film. I also love the imperfection of the film, the fact that each shot can be so different. What I've grown to love from the pack that I've got in my camera at the moment is that the tones fade into each other, light streaks across shadow and dapples at the corners of image, without sounding cheesy it reminds me of a dream or a memory.

I've got a couple of other shots from yesterday, but I'm saving them to put together a post about a new series that I've got an idea for. There are some days that I get so excited about photography I can barely think about anything else, today is one of those days.


Here are some of my favourite Impossible Portraits found on flickr. You can find links to these gorgeous streams below the mosaic, please look at them.


1. the blues, 2. the sweet light, 3. PX 100 / N°8, 4. Untitled, 5. Rowen, 6. gene, 7. untitled, 8. Ben, 9. Facing_the_Impossible_I, 10. Untitled, 11. Is Nuclear Power Worth It?, 12. Untitled, 13. Untitled14. Not available15. Not available16. Not available

No comments:

Post a Comment